I would like to thank sweet, beautiful Anna from Fatz Food for nominating SpicyTones for a Liebster Award. Oh wow, what a sweet surprise! What I understood is that Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and it helps to increase awareness of small blogs among blogging communities. Sounds like fun to me. Why not? Today you are also getting to know about me a little more, if you haven’t already.
So here are the rules for Liebster Award Nominations:
1. You must link back the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with less than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Fried Tofu
Here are the questions from Anna:
1. What is your biggest fear?
The people I love will die. I cannot even think about it, I don’t think I could handle it. As mentioned previously, my grandparents raised me up when I was little. At the age of 11, when my grandfather passed away, it was the end of the world for me. I was breaking down, watching him lying dead on the car seat when he was about to be sent to hospital. I tried to wake him up by calling him, screaming at him, trying to shake him up but my uncle pushed me away. It was 16 years ago. He was the one who held my hand and took me to kinder garden on my very first day. He was the one who came to visit my school and meet my teacher every year. He was the one who bought me my first ‘piggy bank’. He was more like a dad to me.
I cannot handle anymore of losing. I don’t think anyone could afford a punishment like this.
2. Are you where you wanted to be 5 years ago?
Actually, yes! (Back to the positive!) Now that you reminded me. Living in a happy life, have a great husband, have a singing career, ‘almost’ a graduate, have a job I like, have a blog. I’m so so lucky and blessed! (Oh, I should always remember that!)
3. What is your biggest accomplishment?
Recorded our debut EP album with our band Eva on the Western Castle Island and got it released in Finland, Germany and Japan. Our songs were played all around the world in radio channels. 😉 It was unbelievable!
4. What city do you live in?
5. Who inspires you the most?
My husband Riku. He is so funny and energetic! He is an angel on earth who always inspires me to be a good person and make other people happy.
6. What is your favorite food?
Hainanese Chicken Rice which I can eat for 30 days in a row without complaining even once. But I cannot do that, because I’m practicing vegetarianism.
7. Are you a dog or a cat person?
A dog person. Check out my beautiful baby doll Poppy (named after Jamie Oliver’s little daughter). 🙂 Cats are beautiful and fluffy and nice but I don’t like when they think they are gods.
It would be interesting to know. I love the quote from Steve Jobs:
“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
9. Are you introverted or extroverted?
Super extroverted on stage, introvert off stage. Somewhere in between in reality. 😉
10. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
A famous singer! I did become a professional singer, but famous? Not quite yet. We are working on it! 😀
3) Tell us one meaningful thing you did last week.
4) If this were your last day to live, how would you like to spend your day?
5) What are your dreams?
6) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
7) Where are you located right now?
8) Your favorite food?
9) If I give you one million, how would you spend it?
10) Tell some facts about yourselves that we don’t know yet.